Saturday 28 March 2009

It's a looooong way...

No, not to Tipperraree (sp?), but 26.2 miles... I always knew it was a long way, but I ran 20 miles today, and I thought that was pretty darn far, not to mention exhausting, tiring, aching... I can't believe in a month I have to do that again, PLUS another 6.2 miles!

Aicarumba, what have I signed up for?!?!?!

In my recent half-marathon I felt pretty good after 13.1 miles. Last weekend I felt good after 15 miles. Today, I was feeling good up until about 17 miles, then I started to get a bit tired. Fortunately I was running with my new running buddy, and fellow marathon runner, Ang. She has run 20 miles beforehand so was a good encouragement and kept me running right until the end. Well, except for when we came to a hill - there's only so much we could do... ;o)

I'm glad that I managed to run the full 20 miles, but boy oh boy was I sore afterwards! And still am sore! All over! But no rest was to be had - Mel's folks arrive at 7:20am Sunday morning, so after an hour of R&R is was cleaning and clearing and moving boxes and furniture around. It was probably a good thing though as it didn't give my body a chance to go into freeze-frame, but still, was looking forward to veging out on the couch all afternoon...

Not looking forward to tomorrow or Monday - I'm gonna hurt I reckon!

Next weekend I'm doing another 20 mile run, so will try and do that a bit quicker - today we ran it in about 3:55, so to be under 4:30 for the marathon need to be doing the first 20 miles a bit quicker. Will be doing a few runs during the week - only 6 - 8 miles each, but at a much faster pace. Hopefully that will help.

If there's any runners in the East London area that want to run part or all of my 20 miles of fun on Sunday 5th April, send me an email.

Will let you know how I get on with my training and recovery! That said, going to be difficult with Mel's mum in town - quite possibly one of the best cooks on the planet!! You haven't had chicken satay until you've had Mel's mum's satay! Anyway, must focus on running... Not food... Running...

Mmmmmm, saaaataaaaaay....

No comments:

Post a Comment